Sunday, November 9, 2014

Sneak Peak from Living in a Lonely House

My chapbook Living in a Lonely House is coming out from Dancing Girl Press next month! Here's the title poem as a sneak peak of what you'll find!



I Am Living in a Lonely House

1

These close quarters kill.
These crooked chairs can’t forget the shape you made.
The windows reflect your still darkening body &
you hover like a gray ghost.

I don’t want to wait anymore.
I gorge myself on this indigo.

This stupid glitch.
These maudlin moods;
cheap mockeries of the year.
What is gross. Red-scarred. Sacred.

2

I am moving to a lonely house:
one without flowers on the mantel.

I found your shirt wedged in the bottom of a drawer.
A letter written in red ink; a silver pendant; one earring: a poem.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment