Friday, June 6, 2014

Casa Libre Reading

Hello Friends,

This is just a quick note to let you all know that my reading at Casa Libre en La Solana here in Tucson is fast approaching!! Come and brave the summer heat if you are in town, and cross your fingers that the air conditioner will be working!

I am so excited to be invited again to read; I have read for the same series once before, in 2012. My fellow readers this time around are Jon Riccio, who is currently working on his MFA at the University of Arizona, and Jake Friedman, who runs the new literary magazine Four Chambers Press.

The grand event shall take place on Wednesday, June 18, at 7:30. You can also go to Casa Libre's website.

I will be reading some BRAND NEW poems, hot off the presses. Each reader will have 25 minutes to read, so you will hear many a literary wonder, so please come with open ears and open hearts!!

Here is a sneak peak of one of the poems I will read. It was first published by Sundress publications in my chapbook Negotiating With Objects:

After Emptiness

Because I will never have a daughter
& my heart is a rusting copper maze
I fold & falter. I only play a one-handed song.
The echoed horses tell me lies &
my ribs are wishbones.
I am a half-time widow.

The fates are confusing
in their signs &
the dead bring no news
for weeks. You say, “You look like
an artist right now.” Grace
says nothing.

(Also: I will also have my chapbooks for sale, so if you don't have one, and want one, this will be the perfect opportunity to pick one up)!!

Blessings to all!! LMC

No comments:

Post a Comment